|Job Title||Business Support Administrator|
|Salary||£8.20 - £12.00|
|Job Published||over 2 years ago|
For our Wrexham based client we are currently looking for an experienced Business Support Assistant with a legal or public sector background.
Duties and responsibilities are:
1) To be the main point of contact. This will include dealing with visitors, telephone enquiries and the taking and passing of messages as appropriate, dealing with email enquiries and interpreting the contacts query, identifying and responding to their needs.
2) To supervise and train new employees, apprentices, work experience placements as required. To allocate and check work and arrange rotas and duties of shared areas of administration responsibility i.e. reception, escalating issues to the Manager of these posts as appropriate.
3) Collation, input and retention of accurate data and information into electronic and manual systems. To include data retrieval, extraction and presentation to senior colleagues for reports and other purposes.
4) To recommend improvements to administration systems, process and procedures to ensure all activity is effective.
5) Development of accurate local databases/spread sheets/systems interpreting instructions given by the manager to create and implement improvements. To develop and run standard/template reports from systems and data bases, meeting deadlines set by managers and colleagues.
6) To be responsible for responding to more complex or contentious issues presented by customers or clients (internal or external), following departmental procedures and escalating or seeking further advice as appropriate.
7) To undertake reception regularly and when required, signposting customers, the public and other agency colleagues where appropriate providing an effective and efficient service.
8) To maintain a strong network with other Departmental and wider contacts, providing advice on the service and support as appropriate within the scope of the role.
9) To ensure that all relevant current information relating to the service is distributed efficiently and professionally to internal and external contacts.
10) To be responsible for setting up of new electronic and manual files and systems for the Department, e.g. storage, photocopying, archiving and retrieval of closed/archived files in line with the operations of the office.
11) To be responsible for the opening, sorting and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail/faxes and to assist, as delegated, with the management of email correspondence/diary of the team and colleagues.
12) To be responsible for providing word processing support and basic excel support following templates and any statutory requirements, e.g., Letters, Reports, Forms, Policies. To prepare power point presentations, written reports and correspondence on behalf of Managers and colleagues.
13) To be responsible for issuing items of stationery, and reporting shortages to a more senior member of staff, maintaining any stock inventories and following office procedures.
14) To undertake various straightforward financial administrative duties in line with financial regulations, e.g., coding of invoices, ordering via the procurement system. To handle small amounts of petty cash and/or be required to calculate and process payments from clients/customers which may include cash, pensions, invoices, cheques, electronic transfers.
15) To arrange meetings, invite attendees, collate and distribute documentation prior to events, booking accommodation, travel arrangements, refreshments as required. To take minutes of meetings, including writing up and circulation accurately and a timely manner.
16) To maintain and update confidential employee records for the function, i.e. sickness, leave, using the appropriate manual or electronic systems.
17) To maintain high levels of confidentiality in all areas of service provision, particularly with reference to any sensitive data or information held.
18) Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures including the code of corporate governance, health & safety, risk management procedures and financial regulations.
Please apply if you: