|Job Title||Database Kernel Engineer|
|Job Published||over 5 years ago|
Our client, a high tech (VC backed) Cambridge based startup that is building next gen geo-spatial databases is seeking a Database Kernel Engineer, to be an important part of their fast growing teams. The position of Kernel Engineer will focus on NOSQL, along with support and delivery of additional database implantation and processes assigned within a Java environment. The Database Engineer will be responsible for delivery of the database processes across the company. This is a fun and innovative environment, more of a family really and our client value the attitude of helping and supporting each other to do what is necessary to complete the projects.
- Strong domain knowledge in concurrency, distributed systems, databases and file systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Hands-on software engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of Java
- Test-driven development experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science. M.Sc. Ph.D. in a relevant domain a plus
- Prior experience working with startups
- Experience with Git or other version controls systems
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience with JSON and REST APIs
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google App Engine, Azure etc.
- Experience with container technology e.g. Docker