|Job Published||over 5 years ago|
|Contact Name||Max Horey|
The Client is an award-winning online platform enabling migrants and expats to send remittances to family and friends in more than 110 receive countries using a variety of payment options including debit cards, credit cards and local payment methods. With 30 send countries, the client is the world's largest dedicated online money transfer business.
The client is a VC funded (by the same company that backed Facebook) financial client, who have experienced phenomenal growth and success over the last 4 years. They have also been named by TechCity UK as a FutureFifty tech company.
The position is for a MS SQL Server DBA, with the usual responsibilities of performance tuning, stored procedures, backups and disaster recovery (High Availability), reporting (using T-SQL and/or SSRS) and working this all on Windows Server.
What you need to know?
• Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server for at least 8 years.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools. Third party tools like IDERA is a plus.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server. Operational experience on AlwaysOn HA with SQL 2012 or 2014 is a plus.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts such as PowerShell.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and correct disk configurations. Azure VM’s and SQL Server on Azure VMs is a plus.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCSA, MCITP