|Job Title||Web Content Writer|
|Salary||£10.60 per hour|
|Job Published||over 3 years ago|
For our Dudley based client we are currently looking for an experienced Web Content Writer to plan, create, edit and publish the written copy and content for the Council’s internal and external websites.
The role involves:
• Using metrics and feedback from users to design and plan content.
• Researching and writing text for a target audience.
• Tailoring the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose - whether they are intended to sell or inform.
• Writing for web-pages, blogs and social media.
• Editing and proofreading existing text.
• Publishing digital content using the Council’s Content Management System (CMS).
• Monitoring and posting replies to online message boards and dealing with email enquiries.
• Developing new content and editorial guidelines.
• Work with senior staff and other corporate groups to develop web content.
• Attending content planning and commissioning meetings with other departments or clients.
• Creating and monitoring social media output and feedback.
• Making sure web pages are picked up by search engines (search engine optimisation).
• Reporting on website performance and content popularity.
• Training new staff to produce and edit content.
• To participate in meetings in a lead or supporting role
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of a large variety of council and other services.
• Recognising the diverse needs and cultures of the community to ensure equal access to services.
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of data protection and freedom of information legislation and guidance, ensuring these principles are adhered to at all times.
Please apply if you have: