|Job Title||SQL Developer|
|Job Published||about 6 years ago|
|Contact Name||Max Horey|
The Client is an award-winning online platform enabling migrants and expats to send remittances to family and friends in more than 110 receive countries using a variety of payment options including debit cards, credit cards and local payment methods. With 30 send countries, the client is the world's largest dedicated online money transfer business.
The client is a VC funded (by the same company that backed Facebook) financial client, who have experienced phenomenal growth and success over the last 4 years. They have also been named by TechCity UK as a FutureFifty tech company.
Reporting to the Database Developer Lead the database developer will be mostly responsible to carry out new and existing development and other reporting requirements.
This position’s job duties and responsibilities include:
• Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
• Develop new SQL Server databases- normalizing databases and schemas, writing SQL queries, implementing replication, developing data imports from a variety of formats.
• Perform advanced database functions such as stored procedures, replication, reporting, web services, backup policies and procedures and performance tuning.
• Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes.
• Contribute ideas and collaborate with product teams to build the most effective solution.
• Help other developers improve the performance of queries by tweaking it or modifying indexes.
• Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc.)
• Produce reports for the business using T-SQL and / or SSRS.
• Ensure customer implementation activity tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Collaborate with Implementation team, as well as Project Managers to expedite customer implementation activity as rapidly as possible.
• Actively review and improve current procedures and ensure they are accurately documented.
• Maintain knowledge of new enhancements and coordinate testing, communicate updates related to upgrades/patches, meet with cross team members on upcoming releases.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Experience, education and technical skills required:
• BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred.
• 2 -3 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
• 3-7+ years Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL development experience on OLTP and OLAP systems.
• Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
• Strong knowledge of SQL Server design and development on OLTP systems.
• Excellent experience of query and stored procedure development designing tables and picking data types.
• Using Profiler traces and other tools / scripts to find the most frequently run queries
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Technical documentation skills
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• SQL Server 2008/R2, 2012 and 2014 (desirable)
• T-SQL programing
• Database administration
• Database tuning
• Source control software and related technologies